1. Write a poem in which you travel back in time and visit your childhood home as it was then, but as you are now.
2. Write a poem in which you compare a relationship to a place.
3. Read “Night Song of the Personal Shadow” by Gyorgi Petri (pp. 372-3 in the Ecco Anthology of International Poetry) and write a poem about yourself from the POV of your own personal shadow.
4. Write a poem of 20 lines or less, in which 6 lines end in (different) prepositions, e.g. in, on, at, with, between, amidst, through, before, beneath, against, beside, during, etc.
5. Write a first-person poem called Curriculum Vitae about a made-up or historical or legendary or mythical person.
6. Write a poem about the contents of your wallet/drawer/cupboard.
7. Write a poem about a photograph of yourself as a child.
8. If you can read another language, try a translation of a poem from that language into English. If you can’t read another language, collaborate on a translation with someone who can!